Monday, 3 April 2017

St Ives artisan market. Sea plastic & working to save the bees.

We had a great time at St Ives Artisan market in the Guild Hall last week with Saffron Trading. Thank you to everyone who stopped to buy something or ask about our work.
Lots of positive feed back on my Bee jewellery, recycled silver, carvings & Gaia's vintage photo cards. 


Had my UPPERCASE on hand to show people & point out the 'Surfer in the Barrel' recycled Ec-Silver necklace piece included in this issue x
Photo by Gaia x

Unfortunately we wont be going to market again for a couple of weeks as its a very long day & I need time until my leg is fully recovered.
As you may know we have to rely on  travelling by foot & public transport. Currently funds won't allow taxi fares so on foot is the way. We LOVE the fresh air & travelling with the VINTAGE Silver Cross pram but my old legs aren't what they were unfortunately !
Couldn't move on Wednesday & spent the rest of the week with swolen knee & ankle. 


Bumble Bee in resin with gold foil on brass.
 Good news is that I have invested in a Paypal card reader. So you can make a safe card purchase next time you see us at a market.
Look for the red Owl in the Art Tree Mushroom to find us x
Hope fully we can attend the market at the end of April but I will have to see how the leg goes.
Perhaps we will do the Tuesday & Wednesday in succession in the last week. I will keep you posted.


Rescued Sea plastic.
Managed to get out for a walk today. We have lots of beach clean plastics from our previous walks to create with over the next couple of weeks.
As I cant find my bangle moulds I have been using recycled plastic packaging to set some bees with Myrrh.

Found bee ready to set in resin with pieces of Myrrh.
Keep up to date with creations & pieces for sale on Etsy here....
shop/The Owl in the Art Tree


Found out about this in the St Ives Times & Echo .... Kurt Jackson exhibition at the Jackson Foundation in St Just.Bees (& the odd wasp) In My Bonnet  an exhibition all about bees - On until August 19th I hope we can get over in May.

SPEAK SOON

Melissa gaia & Fudge the cheeky Jack Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before publishing.

Space exploration, Moon & meteorite jewellery. Hope after Hurricane Irma.

I have been busy this month researching, designing & making more space jewellery. After watching Dr Brian Cox on the BBC & his meet...